Check out these tips for a healthier digestive system from us at YogaEarth. In addition, our Balance and Vitality supplements are a powerful replacement for multivitamins, a boost for energy, endurance, digestion, fat metabolism and skin replenishment, and our Purity coconut water powder is one of nature’s best natural sources for electrolyte loaded hydration!
- Chew your food. The body uses less energy to digest well-chewed food. Food that is broken down into smaller-sized morsels is also more easily coated with digestive juices once in the stomach.
- Pair foods with nutrients that compliment one another, and support mutual assimilation. For example, Vitamin-C aides in the absorption of Iron.
- Fiber is important for a healthy digestive system. Fruits, vegetables, whole-grain, beans and legumes are good sources of both soluble and insoluble dietary fiber.
- Increase good-gut bacteria, such as live active cultures, through probiotic supplementation.
- Take supplements to increase the level of digestive enzymes and improve the body’s ability to access and use food nutrients for energy, cell growth and repair.
- Antacids are often taken to neutralize stomach acid. However, the digestive process is interrupted if there is not sufficient stomach acid present, leading to heartburn or gas.
- Drinking coffee, tea and alcohol with food interferes with the digestive process, leading to spasms and discomfort from cramps and gas.
- The colon is most commonly stimulated by stress. Stress can sensitize the GI tract, leading to cramps and interference with digestion.
- Drinking too many fluids with your meal dilutes the concentration of hydrochloric acid and enzymes needed for proper digestion.